Ingredients for Khameeri Roti :
2 cup Aata (Wheat Flour)
Ghee for greasing the baking tray (Clarified Butter)
1 teaspoon yeast (Khameer)
Flour to Dust
salt to taste
1/2 cup warm water or more for kneading
How to make Khameeri Roti :
- Mix yeast in warm water and keep aside.
- Add salt to the flour and mix properly. Keep adding the water (having yeast) in little quantity and knead well to make a firm dough.
- Keep it aside for 25-30 mins. before making Khameeri roti.
- Divide the whole dough into round balls.
- Now, take a single ball and dust it with flour, roll it into round shape rotis.
- Now, you have to use a tandoor or an oven to bake the rotis.
- Either stick the rotis in tandoor or if you are using an oven then, first grease the oven tray properly with clarified butter.
- Then, bake the rotis for 4-5 minutes at 350 F.
- Take it off from the oven and smear with Ghee.
- Khameeri Roti is ready to serve.