Punjabi's like to eat a lot of butter specially homemade white butter, that's why we use only white butter in this recipe instead of ghee.
Ingredients for Punjabi Aloo Paratha :
4-5 medium size Potatoes
1 onion, chopped
2 table-spoon coriander leaves, finely chopped (dhaniya patti)
1 table-spoon, grated ginger (adrak)
1/2 t-spoon cumin powder (Jeera Powder)
1 Green Chilly, finely chopped (Hari Mirch)
1/2 t-spoon turmeric powder (haldi)
1/4 t-spoon red chili powder (Lal Mirch)
1/2 t-spoon amchur (dry mango powder)
a pinch of Garam masala
2 table-spoon white butter
Salt to taste
How to make Punjabi Aloo Paratha :
- Boil potatoes and peel them. Take a large bowl and add peeled potatoes to it. Add all the ingredients (except butter) to the bowl and mash and mix potatoes properly with all the ingredients.
- Knead dough with wheat flour and water.
- Now, take a small dough and roll it into a small chapati. Spread a bit of ghee on the surface of the chapati and place suitable amount of potato mixture on the surface of the chapati.
- Now, gather all the edges of the chapati with potato mixture inside it to a round peda. Now, roll out the peda into suitable size Paratha in such a way that it should not get broken from anywhere.
- On a preheated griddle or tawa roast paratha from both sides by turning it many times and spreading white butter to its surface. Roast it on medium heat till both the sides gets brown patches and the paratha gets properly cooked from inside.
- Take it off from the griddle, grease Punjabi Aloo paratha with white butter and serve immediately with curd.