Ingredients for Punjabi Aloo gobi:
500 gms. cauliflower (gobi)
1 t-spoon ginger paste (adrak)
1 t-spoon garlic paste (lahsun)
1 t-spoon turmeric powder (haldi)
1 t-spoon red chilli powder
1 t-spoon cumin (jeera)
1 t-spoon coriander powder (pisa dhaniya)
1/2 t-spoon garam masala
1 t-spoon salt
10 to 15 coriander leaves (dhaniya patti)
2 table-spoon oil
1/2 cup water
How to make Punjabi Aloo gobi:
- Take the florets of cauliflower out and cut it into small pieces,Chop the onions finely
- Boil potatoes and cut it into small cubes
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add onions, ginger and garlic paste to it,stir it well
- After a minute add cumin and coriander powders, stir it again and continue heating for five minutes.
- Add potato, cauliflower florets, turmeric, chili powder and salt together with water
- Stir Alu Gobi well and cover it with a lid and cook on medium low heat for 15 minutes, if necessary continue cooking it for sometime.
- Serve Punjabi Aloo gobi hot, Sprinkle it with finely chopped coriander leaves.