Pickled ginger recipe is also known as Adrak ka achar recipe. Pickling ginger in an Indian style is full of spices.
Ingredients for Ginger Pickle:
200 gms. Ginger (adrak)
1 table-spoon red chilli powder (lal mirch ka powder)
1 table-spoon Turmeric powder (Haldi Powder)
1 table-spoon Rai ki dal (Mustard seeds, skin removed)
1/2 table-spoon fenugreek seeds (Methi ka dana)
2 t-spoon saunf (fennel seeds)
1/4 t-spoon Hing (Asafoetida)
1 table-spoon sugar
4 table-spoon fresh lime juice (Nimbu ka ras)
1/2 cup liter Mustard oil (sarson ka tel)
4 table-spoon Salt
How to make Ginger Pickle:
- Wash Ginger properly and peel the skin of ginger. Slicely chop ginger into small pieces. Keep ginger aside
- Roast methi on low heat for 2 mins. then, take a blender and blend it coarsely to form a thick powder of methi.
- Then, in a separate pot blend saunf coarsely to form a thick saunf powder.
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in a large thick bottom pan, heat it for 10 mins on high heat, then turn off the heat and take off the pan from the gas.
- Now, add hing, methi, saunf, rai dal and mix them well immediately so that they should not get burnt from the bottom.
- Add, salt, haldi, red chilli powder, again mix them well. Let the complete masala mixture get cool for 5 mins.
- Now take some pieces of Ginger, mix them in the masala properly so that Ginger gets properly dipped in masala, then transfer Ginger pieces to the large bowl or large pan.
- Similarly perform the same action for the remaining Ginger pieces with the remaining Ginger masala mixture.
- Add sugar and lime juice to the Ginger pickle and mix them properly, let Ginger pickle get cool at room temperature, then transfer Ginger pickle to the air tight glass jar.
- Ginger pickle is ready to eat.
Note:- Mix Ginger pieces properly in masala mixture so that Ginger pickle will last for long.