In bihar roasted Chana dal powder is known as Sattu. Sattu is the majar ingredient in Sattu ka paratha. It is often served with brinjal and potato chutney again made in North Indian style.
Ingredients for Sattu ka Paratha :
2 cups Roasted Chana dal
1 t-spoon roasted Cumin (Jeera)
1/2 onion, chopped
2 table-spoon coriander leaves, finely chopped (dhaniya patti)
1 table-spoon, grated ginger (adrak)
1 Green Chilly, finely chopped (Hari Mirch)
1/2 t-spoon turmeric powder (haldi)
1/4 t-spoon red chili powder (Lal Mirch)
1/2 t-spoon amchur (dry mango powder)
1/4 t-spoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
Salt to taste
oil for shallow frying
How to make Sattu ka Paratha :
- Coarsely grind Chana dal and cumin to make a powder known as Sattu. Combine all the ingredients including sattu in a large bowl and mix properly.
- Knead dough with wheat flour and water.
- Now, take a small dough and roll it into a small chapati. Spread a bit of ghee on the surface of the chapati and place suitable amount of Sattu mixture.
- Now, gather all the edges of the chapati with Sattu mixture inside it to a round peda. Now, roll out the peda into suitable size Paratha in such a way that it should not get broken from anywhere.
- On a preheated griddle or tawa add sufficient amount of oil and roast paratha from both sides by turning it many times and spreading oil to its surface. Roast it on medium heat till both the sides gets brown patches and the paratha gets properly cooked from inside.
- Take it off from the griddle and serve Sattu ka Paratha hot with brinjal potato chutney.