Palak Paneer is also known as saag/sag paneer or spinach paneer. Palak paneer is offenly served with tandoori roti, pulao or makke ki roti in North India.
Ingredients for Palak Paneer:
250 gms. Spinach (Palak)
100 gms Paneer (Cottage cheese)
3 Onions, medium sized
1/2 t-spoon Chilli Powder
2-3 flakes Garlic (Lahsun)
1/4 t-spoon Jeera Powder
3 table-spoons Cooking oil
1/2 t-spoon Garam Masala
1/2 table-spoon Cumin seeds (dhaniya)
Salt to taste
How to make Palak Paneer:
- Take a sauce pan and put spinach in it. Add water until the complete spinach gets soak in water. Cook spinach for 8-10 mins. on medium-high heat. Remove water and put spinach in a mixer and make a paste of spinach leaves. Keep it aside.
- Take 2 onion and chop them very fine. Now take 1 table-spoon oil in a pan and add this chopped onion to it and cook it on medium heat until it gets golden-brown.
- Then, take a grinder, add 1 onion and garlic, grind them to make a fine paste
- Add this onion paste to the pan having cooked onion. Also add spinach paste, garam masala, jeera powder, chilli powder, salt. Add some water, if necessary. Stir continuously, cook on high heat for 2-3 mins. stirring continuously
- Cut paneer into small cubes. Take 2 table-spoon oil in a frying pan and fry the pieces of paneer over medium heat for 3-4 mins. or till it start getting light brown. Now, add this paneer to the prepared Palak gravy and further cook on low heat for a minute or two. Turn off the heat.
- Palak Paneer is ready to eat. Serve hot Palak Paneer with roti or chapati and garnish it with grated paneer.