Kaju Panner is also known as Cashew paneer. Kaju Paneer is quite spicy-sweet Indian Recipe.
Ingredients for Kaju Paneer:
250 gms Paneer, grated (Cottage cheese)
12-15 cashews, split into 2 pieces (Kaju)
8-10 makana (soaked in hot water for 10 mins.)
6 table-spoon butter
2 large onions
5-6 pieces garlic (lahsun)
1 t-spoon ginger (adrak)
3 medium sized tomatoes
1 t-spoon garam masala
1 green chili
2 small ilaichi, grounded (cardamom)
1 big ilaichi, grounded
1/2 t-spoon Coriander powder (dhaniya)
1/2 t-spoon red chili powder
1/2 t-spoon turmeric (Haldi)
salt to taste
How to make Kaju Paneer:
- Take a grinder and add onion, ginger, green chili, tomato and garlic to it, and blend them to form an paste. keep it aside.
- Take 1 table-spoon butter in a frying pan and heat it. When it gets heated up, turn the heat to low and add paneer cubes to it. Fry them until they get shallow brown. Then, turn off the heat and keep them aside.
- Now, in the same pan add 1 table-spoon butter and fry split cashews on low heat till it gets shallow brown, then turn off the heat. Let them cool down, then grind cashews to form a paste.
- Now, take 4 table-spoon butter in a thick bottom pan and put it over high heat. When it gets heated up, turn the heat to low and add big ilaichi, heat it till it starts cracking, then add onion-ginger paste to the pan and put it over low-medium heat, cook until the oil seperates from the mixture and it turns light brown, Stir the gravy every 2 mins. so that it should not burnt from the bottom.
- Then, add turmeric, chili powder, garam masala and salt to taste. Stir it well and cook it over low-medium heat for 2 mins. Add a little water if needed.
- Then, add kaju paste, cook on low heat for 2-3 mins, stirring continuously. Add some water if needed
- Now, add fried paneer and makhana, stir again, add some water if needed. Cook on medium heat for 3-4 mins. then turn off the heat.
- Serve Kaju Paneer hot with naan, chapati or tandoori roti.