Handi Paneer Recipe
Handi Paneer Recipe is a very spicy Paneer dish. Handi paneer is rich in all kind of spices like kali mirch, tej patta, chilli powder etc. Try the authentic recipe of Handi paneer shown below.
Ingredients for Handi Paneer:
250 gms Paneer, cut it into medium sized cubes (Cottage cheese)
1/2 cup Yogurt (dahi)
2 onions, finely chopped
2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
2-3 pieces garlic, slicely chopped (lahsun)
1/2 t-spoon turmeric (Haldi)
1 t-spoon ginger, grated (adrak)
1 t-spoon Coriander, powdered (Dhaniya)
1/2 t-spoon garam masala
1/4 t-spoon pepper powder (kali mirch)
1 bay leaf (tej patta)
1/2 t-spoon red chili powder
3 table-spoon oil
1 green chili
10-15 coriander leaves (dhaniya patti)
salt to taste
How to make Handi Paneer:
- Take 1 table-spoon oil in a frying pan and heat it. When it gets heated up, turn the heat to low and add paneer cubes to it. Fry them until they get light brown. Then, turn off the heat and keep them aside.
- Take 2 table-spoon oil in a pan and put it over high heat. When it gets heated up, turn the heat to low and add bay leaf, stir well and fry for a minute
- Then, add onion to the pan and put it over low-medium heat, cook it until it gets light brown, then add garlic and ginger and cook further for 2 mins. Now, add tomatoes, stir again and cook for 5 mins. on low flame.
- Then add turmeric, chilli powder,garam masala, coriander powder, and salt to taste. Stir it well and cook it over low-medium heat until the complete mixture turns to golden brown. Stir the gravy every 2 mins. so that it should not burnt from the bottom.
- When the oil seperates from the mixture, add yogurt to it, stir again. Cook on medium heat until it form a thick gravy, Stir occasionally. Add some more water, if needed.
- Add fried paneer and pepper, stir again. Cook on medium heat for 3-4 mins. then turn off the heat.
- Garnish Handi Paneer with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve Handi Paneer hot with chapati, tandoori roti or pulao.