Gobi Paneer Recipe
Gobi is also known as Cauliflower or some times written as Gobhi. Gobi is one of the finest vegetable and can be served in many forms like gobi paratha, gobi curry. Here we are showing one of the authentic recipe of Gobi Paneer.
Ingredients for Gobi Paneer:
250 gms Paneer, cut it into medium sized cubes (Cottage cheese)
1 medium sized cauliflowler (gobi)
5-6 pieces garlic (lahsun)
1 t-spoon turmeric (Haldi)
1 t-spoon ginger (adrak)
1 t-spoon Coriander, powdered (Dhaniya)
1/2 t-spoon garam masala
1/4 t-spoon pepper powder (kali mirch)
1 bay leaf (tej patta)
1/2 t-spoon red chili powder
3 table-spoon oil
1 green chili
2 medium sized tomatoes
10-15 coriander leaves (dhaniya patti)
salt to taste
How to make Gobi Paneer:
- Take a grinder and add onion, ginger, green chili, tomato and garlic to it, and blend them to form a paste. keep it aside.
- Take 1/2 table-spoon oil in a frying pan and heat it. When it gets heated up, turn the heat to low and add paneer cubes to it. fry them until they get light brown. Then, turn off the heat and keep them aside.
- Cut Cauliflower florets into small pieces and keep them aside.
- Take 2 table-spoon oil in a pan and put it over high heat. When it gets heated up, turn the heat to low and add bay leaf, stir well and fry for a minute
- Then, add onion paste to the pan and put it over low-medium heat, cook until the oil seperates from the mixture and it turns golden brown, Stir the gravy every 2 mins. so that it should not burnt from the bottom
- Then add turmeric, chilli powder,garam masala, Coriander powder, and salt to taste. Stir it well and cook it over low-medium heat for 2-3 mins. Add water if needed.
- Now, add cauliflower florets and 1/4 cup water to it, stir again. Cook on medium heat by covering the lid until cauliflower gets properly cooked, Stir occasionally. Add some more water, if needed.
- Add fried paneer and pepper, stir again. Cook on medium heat for 3-4 mins. then turn off the heat.
- Garnish Gobi Paneer with finely chopped coriander leaves
- Serve Gobi Paneer hot with chapati, tandoori roti or pulao.