Chilli Paneer Recipe (dry)
Chilli Paneer Recipe is a chinese dish, modified in Indian way, sometimes pronounced as chilli paneer dry, veg chilli paneer or chilly paneer recipe.
Ingredients for Chilli Paneer (dry):
250 gms. Paneer (Cottage cheese), cut it into medium sized cubes
1 medium sized onion, cut it into four pieces
1 large capsicum, cut into slices (Shimla mirch)
3 table-spoon Corn flour (Makai ka aata)
3 t-spoon Maida
10 Green chillies, cut it into long slices
10 Garlic pods (Lahsun)
2 t-spoon Salt
1/2 t-spoon Ajinomoto (optional)
3 t-spoon Vinegar (sirca)
1/2 t-spoon Black pepper (Kali mirch)
4 t-spoon Soya sauce
5 t-spoon Tomato sauce
2 table-spoon Chilly sauce
1/2 t-spoon black pepper (Kali mirch)
Oil for deep frying
How to make Chilli Paneer (dry):
- Take a medium sized bowl and add maida, 3 table-spoon cornflour and 1 t-spoon salt. Add some water and mix them well to form a thick paste, add more water if needed. The thickness of the paste should be such that it can coat paneer cubes properly.
- Now, take a frying pan and add oil to deep fry paneer cubes, heat it on medium flame. Then, dip paneer pieces in the maida mixture, coat them properly and fry them in a pan till they become golden brown in colour.Keep them aside
- Take 3 table-spoon of oil in a separate pan and heat it over high flame. After 2 mins. turn the heat to medium and add green chillies, onion, garlic and capsicum, stir well and cook them until they get half cooked.
- Then, add ajinomoto, pepper, all the sauces, vinegar, 1 t-spoon salt or to taste and 4 t-spoon water, stir well and cook on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add paneer pieces to the pan and stir well, put the heat to low and cook for 2-3 mins. Then turn off the heat
- Serve Chilli Paneer hot with noodles or fried rice.