Achari Paneer has a thick pickeled gravy, gives a very spicy and tangy flavour. Achari Paneer is offenly served with tandoori rotis and chapatis.
Ingredients for Achari Paneer:
250 gms Paneer, cut it into medium sized cubes (Cottage cheese)
1 table-spoon Mango pickle without piece (or which ever pickle is available)
1/2 capsicum, slicely chopped (shimla mirch)
1/2 t-spoon Amchur powder (Raw Mango Powder)
1/2 t-spoon cumin seeds (Jeera)
5-6 pieces garlic (lahsun)
1 t-spoon garam masala
1/2 t-spoon Kalonji (Onion seeds)
1 dry red chili, stem removed
2 large onions
1 green chili
4 medium sized tomatoes
1/2 t-spoon red chili powder
1 bay leaf (tej patta)
4 table-spoon oil
1/2 t-spoon mustard seeds (raai dana)
1/2 t-spoon turmeric (Haldi)
1 t-spoon ginger (adrak)
1/4 t-spoon pepper powder (kali mirch)
salt to taste
How to make Achari Paneer:
- Take a grinder and add onion, ginger, green chili, tomato and garlic to it, and blend them to form a paste. keep it aside.
- Take 1 table-spoon oil in a frying pan and heat it. When it gets heated up, turn the heat to low and add paneer cubes to it. fry them until they get light brown. Then, turn off the heat and keep them aside.
- Take 3 table-spoon oil in a pan and put it over high heat. When it gets heated up, turn the heat to low and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, bay leaf, dry red chili and kalonji, stir well and fry for 2 mins.
- Then, add onion paste to the pan and put it over low-medium heat, cook until the oil seperates from the mixture and it turns golden brown, Stir the gravy every 2 mins. so that it should not burnt from the bottom.
- Then, add turmeric, chili powder, garam masala, amchur powder, Mango pickle, capsicum and salt to taste. Stir it well and cook it over low-medium heat until the capsicum gets 70 percent cooked. Add a little water if needed.
- Now, add fried paneer and pepper, stir again, add some water if needed. Cook on medium heat for 3-4 mins. and turn off the heat.
- Achari Panee is ready to eat. Serve Achari Paneer hot with naan, chapati, tandoori roti or pulao.