Ingredients for Palak (Spinach) Pakora :
250 grams Spinach leaves (Palak)
1 cup Gram Flour (besan)
1 table-spoon coriander powder (pisa dhaniya)
1/2 tea-spoon Ajwain (Carom Seedds)
1/2 tea-spoon Turmeric powder (Haldi powder)
1/2 tea-spoon red chilly powder (lal mirch)
1/4 tea-spoon amchur
a pinch of garam masala powder
Oil to deep fry Pakodas
salt to taste
How to make Palak (Spinach) Pakoda :
To Prepare a Batter :
- Take a large bowl and add all the ingredients except Spinach leaves.
- Mix them well by adding water in little quantity.
- Make a medium consistent batter.
To Make Pakoda :
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan (kadhai) to fry Pakoras.
- Put the flame to medium for frying the pakodas.
- Coat each leaf of spinach leaves with batter and put them in a deep frying pan.
- Deep fry them from both sides on medium flame, until they get crispy.
- Serve hot pakoras with tomato sauce & green chutney.
Note - You can also use chopped Spinach leaves for making Crispy Palak Pakoda. Rest of the recipe will remain same.