Ingredients for Mysore Vada :
1/2 cup Rice flour
1/2 cup Maida (All purpose flour)
1/2 cup Chirotti Rava (Fine Sooji)
1 onion, finely chopped
2-3 green chillies, chopped
1/2 t-spoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
a pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
8 to 10 curry leaves (kadhi patta)
Oil to deep fry
salt to taste
How to make Mysore Vada :
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix properly.
- Add 2 table-spoon hot oil to the bowl and a little water to knead the mixture. Knead to form a soft dough. Make small balls out of this dough.
- Take a small ball and make a flat vada with a hole at a center.
- In a medium size pan heat oil to deep fry Mysore vada. Put Vadas in hot oil and deep fry them at medium heat till golden brown from both sides.
- Mysore vada is ready to serve with chutney.