Ingredients for Karnataka & Mysore Rasam Powder:
5 table-spoon coriander seeds (Dhaniya)
12-15 Red chillies (Khadi Lal Mirch)
2 table-spoon fenugreek seeds (methi)
2 1/2 table-spoon cumin seeds (Jeera)
1/2 table-spoon mustard seeds (Rai)
1/4 t-spoon asafoetida (hing)
1 1/4 table-spoon Whole black pepper (Khadi Kali Mirch)
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
1 table-spoon curry leaves (Kadhi patta)
1 table-spoon Cooking oil
How to make Karnataka Rasam Powder:
- Take a small pan and put Jeera, Fenugreek and Mustard seeds. Now roast them on low heat till fenugreek becomes light pink.
- Now, turn off the flame, remove everything from the pan and cool to room temperature.
- Heat oil in a medium pan and add black pepper first. After a minute, add Coriander, Red chillies and Turmeric powder.
- Fry till Red chillies changes its colour.
- Add Curry Leaves and cook further on low flame for a minute.
- Turn off the flame and cool everything to room temperature.
- Now, Combine all the mixtures and add Asafoetida to it.
- Dry grind this mixture to a smooth powder.
- Keep Karnataka Rasam powder in dry air-tight jar.