Navratan korma is named after its Ingredients. Navratan korma recipe is sometimes called navratna korma or vegetable navratan korma recipe. Given below is the recipe for Indian Navratan korma in restaurant style.
Ingredients for Navratan Korma:
2 1/2 cups peas
1 1/4 table-spoon coriander
1 medium sized apple
1 table-spoon grated cheese
1 cherry cut in slices
2 slices pineapple
4 green chillies
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup curd
1 1/4 table-spoon ghee
2 medium carrots
10-15 coriander leaves finely chopped
1 1/4 t-spoon cardamoms
1/4 cup cream or malai
2 medium onion
1/4 cup coconut shredded
3 1/2 table-spoon butter
1 medium sized sweet lime (mosambi)
salt to taste
1 1/4 t-spoon cumin-seeds
2 1/2 t-spoon poppy-seeds (khus-khus)
How to make Navratan Korma:
- Grind cumin-seeds, khus-khus, cardamoms to form a wet masala and keep them aside.
- Grind onions, coconut, and green chillies separately to form a wet gravy.
- Boil the peas. Chop the carrot and boil it
- Take an apple, pineapple slices, banana, sweet lime and chop them finely
- Take ghee in a fry-pan and fry cashews. Then take them out and add butter to the remaining ghee, after a minute, add the wet masala and cook it for 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring it continuously
- Add the dry masala and salt to the pan and cook for 2 mins. more.
- Add the carrots and peas. Now add curd and cream to the pan. Stir it well so that everything should get mixed up properly
- After it starts getting thicken add fruit, raisins and cashews. Stir it well
- Cook it until it gets thick and the oil starts getting separated
- Sprinkle Navratan Korma with grated paneer, coriander leaves and chopped cherries
- Serve Navratan Korma hot with roti or chapatis.