Malai kofta recipe is a bit sweet Indian curry recipe cooked with vegetables and Paneer. Given below is the best recipe of Malai kofta.
Ingredients for Malai Kofta Recipe:
65 gms. khoya
1/2 t-spoon ginger grated (adrak)
65 gms. grated paneer (Cotage cheese)
5-6 green chillies
25 gms. cashewnuts (Kaju)
25 gms. raisins (kishmish)
1 1/4 t-spoon coriander powder (pisa dhaniya)
1/2 t-spoon cumin seeds (Jeera)
salt to taste
10-15 leaves chopped coriander (dhaniya patti)
1 1/4 table-spoon grated cheese or paneer
cream or Malai 150 gms.
7 cloves (Laung)
3 1/2 table-spoon ghee
75 gms. khoya or paneer
200 ml. milk
50 gms. cashewnuts
1 t-spoon garlic crushed (Lahsun)
1/2 t-spoon turmeric powder (Haldi)
1/4 t-spoon nutmeg powder (Jaiphal)
3 1/2 t-spoon white pepper powder (Kali mirch)
3 t-spoon sugar
2 1/2 t-spoon grated ginger
1 cinnamon stick (Dal chini)
7 cardamoms (Ilaichi)
salt to taste
How to make Malai Kofta:
- Boil the potatoes in a pan or a pressure cooker, peel .
- Take potatoes in a large bowl, smash them and add khoya, ginger, paneer, finely chopped green chillies, coriander, cumin seeds and salt. Mix them properly for 2-4 mins.
- Take a 1 inch or so mixture in hand and form a ball like structure.
- Flatten it on a plate and place 2 cashews and raisins each at the center, again form a ball like structure
- Repeat this procedure for the remaining mixture.
- Take oil in a frying pan and deep fry the koftas. Keep kofta aside.
- Take cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg and cloves together in a pan and roast them for 2-3 mins.
- Let them cool down, then add them to the grinder and grind them. Keep aside
- Now take a grinder and add cream, cloves, khoya or paneer, milk, cashew-nuts, garlic, turmeric powder, nutmeg powder, white pepper powder, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, cardamoms, salt to taste to the grinder and wet grind them.
- Take ghee in a frying pan,heat it, add dry powdered spices and fry for 3-4 seconds.
- Add wet paste and fry further for 6-7 minutes, keep stirring it frequently
- Add 2 cups water and cook for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Now add fried koftas to the gravy and further cook them for 4-5 mins. Then, turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle Malai Kofta with finely chopped coriander and grated cheese.
- Serve Malai Kofta hot with tandoori roti, chapati or parathas.