Gobi Manchurian Recipe (Gravy)
Gobi Manchurian Gravy Recipe has a wet curry along with gobi manchurian. It is also known as Gobhi Manchurian, veg gobi manchurian or gobi manchurian curry.
Ingredients of Gobi Manchurian (gravy):
1 1/2 cups water
1 small bunch of spring onion finely chopped
2 t-spoon ginger chopped in very small pieces
1 t-spoon milk
1 t-spoon garlic chopped in very small pieces
2 red chillies, dry
1/4 cup plain flour
3 t-spoon oil
3 t-spoon cornflour
1/4 t-spoon red chili powder
How to make Gobi Manchurian (gravy):
- Cut the cauliflower into medium sized florettes.
- Take water in a pan, add cauliflower florettes and a t-spoon of milk in it. Boil them for 4-5 minutes
- Drain the water and soak the florettes on a cloth.
- In a seperate bowl take flour, 2 t-spoon cornflour, 1/4 t-spoon each of ginger, garlic, red chilli powder and salt to taste. Add water and mix them to form a thin batter
- Take oil in a pan, put the heat to medium, dip the florettes in the batter and deep fry them one by one. Now keep them a side.
- In the remaining oil(should not be more than 3-4 t-spoons, add remaining garlic, ginger and crushed red chilli and fry for a minute.Add spring onions and salt to taste.
- Cook it for a minute. Add 1 and 1/2 cups water and bring it to boil.
- In a separate bowl, take 1 t-spoon cornflour and add 1/4 cup of water to it. Mix it well
- Now add this cornflour mixture to the gravy, stir continuously to mix it well untill the gravy again started boiling.
- Boil till the gravy becomes transparent. Add Florettes and soya sauce.
- Boil for two more minutes by stirring it well and remove.
- Serve Gobi Manchurian gravy hot with noodles or fried rice.