Aloo Gobi Matar Masala is a dry Indian Recipe, sometimes written as Alu Mutter, Mattar Gobi. As the dish is really dry with masala, it is often served with any kind of dal with roti, chapati or rice. Boiled potatoes can be taken for this recipe but we recommend you to take normal potatoes and then cook them along with gobi and mutter. In this way a better flavour of sabzi can be achieved.
Ingredients for Aloo Gobi Matar Masala :
250 grams cauliflower (gobi)
1 cup Matar (Peas)
2 potatoes (Aloo)
2 tomatoes, pureed
1 t-spoon cumin (jeera)
1 t-spoon ginger paste (adrak)
1 t-spoon garlic paste (lahsun)
1 t-spoon turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 t-spoon red chilli powder
1/4 t-spoon Garam Masala
1 t-spoon coriander powder (pisa dhaniya)
10 to 15 coriander leaves (dhaniya patti)
6 table-spoon cooking oil
1 t-spoon salt or to taste
How to make Aloo Gobi Matar Masala :
- Take the florets of cauliflower out and cut into small pieces. Fine Chop the onions. Peel potatoes and cut into medium size pieces.
- Take 2 table-spoon oil in a pan and put it on medium flame. Add potatoes and matar to the pan, cover it with a lid and cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Heat 4 table-spoon oil in a separate frying pan, add onions, ginger and garlic paste to it, stir well.
- After a minute add tomato, cumin and coriander powder, stir it again and continue heating for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked potato and matar, cauliflower florets, chili powder and salt.
- Stir Alu Gobi well and cover it with a lid and cook on medium low heat for 15 minutes or till aloo gobi matar gets properly cooked. Sprinkle some drops of water during these 15 minutes.
- Then, add garam masala and turmeric. Stir well and simmer for 2 mins.
- Serve Aloo Gobi Matar Masala hot with roti or chapati. Sprinkle it with finely chopped coriander leaves.