Ingredients for Vermicelli (Seviyan) Kheer :
100 gms. vermicelli (Seviyan)
1 table-spoon ghee
4 table-spoon raisins (kishmish)
4 table-spoon almonds, sliced (badam)
2 1/2 cups whole milk (Doodh)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 t-spoon cardamom, powdered (ilaichi)
How to make Vermicelli (Seviyan) Kheer :
- Break vermicelli into finger sized pieces.
- Take a thick bottom saucepan and add vermicelli, raisins, almonds and put it on low heat while stirring continuously. Keep heating until it gets light brown.
- Then, add milk (Doodh), stir well and bring the heat to medium, Bring it to boil.
- Then simmer vermicelli, add sugar and cardamom and further heat for a minute. Turn off the heat
- Serve either Hot or child after refrigerating for 1 hour.