Shahi Kheer has huge quantity of dry fruits in it. The variety of dry fruits given in the below recipe of Shahi Kheer can be changed as per your needs.
Ingredients for Shahi Kheer:
100 gms. Paneer, grated (Cottage cheese)
2 table-spoon rice, soaked in water for 30 mins.
1 liter Whole milk
4 table-spoon sugar or to taste
10 almonds (Badam)
15-20 pieces raisins (Kishmish)
15 pieces cashews (Kaju)
1/4 t-spoon cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
10 pieces unsalted pistachios (pista)
10-15 strands saffron, crushed, soaked in 1 tsp. warm milk (Kesar) (optional)
How to make Shahi Kheer:
- Crush and soak the saffron strands in 1 t-spoon warm milk. Crush almonds and pistachios coarsely or slice them properly.
- Heat milk in a pan, bring it to boil. Put the heat to medium and reduce milk to its half ie. around 500-600 ml.
- Add rice to it and put the heat to medium, cook for 2 mins.
- Now, add cashews, sugar, raisins, cardamom, saffron, almonds and pistachios. Stir it well until the sugar grains disappear in milk.
- Then, add grated Paneer to the pan, stir gently and simmer for 10 minutes, stir occasionally. Then, turn off the heat.
- Serve Shahi Kheer hot or let it get cool at room temperature. You can also refrigerate Shahi kheer for 1 hour and serve it cool.