Rava Kheer or Sooji kheer is a very healthy and easily digestive Indian kheer recipe. It is also known as Sooji ki Kheer.
Ingredients for Rava Kheer:
1/2 liter milk, Whole or Condensed
1/2 cup Rava (Suji)
3 table-spoon sugar or to taste
1 1/2 t-spoon ghee
5-6 almonds (Badam) (optional)
1/4 t-spoon cardamom powder (Ilaichi powder)
8-10 pieces raisins (kishmish)
How to make Rava Kheer:
- Crush almonds and roast them in 1/2 t-spoon ghee on low heat for 2 mins. Keep them aside.
- Heat 1 t-spoon ghee in a frying pan on low flame, add Rava to it and roast Rava for about 2-3 mins. or until it gives a nice aroma of Rava and its colour gets changed to light pink, Stirring continuously. Then turn off the heat.
- Now, take a thick bottom pan and add milk to it, heat it for 2 minutes without covering a lid.
- Then, add Rava, roasted almond, raisins and sugar to it. Stir well and cook on medium heat for 5 mins. then, simmer it for 5 mins. or until you get the desired thickness of Rava kheer.
- Sprinkle Rava Kheer with cardamom powder.
- Serve Rava Kheer hot or let it get cool at room temperature.