Paneer Kheer Recipe is a smooth flavour Indian kheer recipe.
Ingredients for Paneer Kheer:
200 gms. Paneer, grated (Cottage cheese)
1 liter Whole milk
4 table-spoon sugar or to taste
1/4 t-spoon cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
5-6 pieces unsalted pistachios (pista)
10-15 strands saffron, crushed, soaked in 1 tsp. warm milk (Kesar) (optional)
5 almonds (Badam)
8-10 pieces raisins (Kishmish)
How to make Paneer Kheer:
- Crush and soak the saffron strands in 1 t-spoon warm milk. Crush almonds and pistachios coarsely or slice them properly.
- Heat milk in a pan, bring it to boil. Put the heat to medium and reduce milk to its half ie. around 500-600 ml.
- Add sugar, raisins, cardamom, saffron, almonds and pistachios. Stir it well until the sugar grains disappear in milk.
- Then, add grated paneer to the pan, stir gently and simmer for 10 minutes, stir occasionally. Then, turn off the heat.
- Serve Paneer Kheer hot or let it get cool at room temperature. You can also refrigerate Paneer kheer for 1 hour and serve it cool.