Mango Kheer Recipe is also known as Aam ki Kheer.
Ingredients for Mango Kheer:
2 ripe Mangoes, diced into small pieces (Aam)
1/2 liter Whole milk
4 table-spoon sugar or to taste
1/4 t-spoon cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
5-6 pieces unsalted pistachios (pista)
10-15 strands saffron, crushed, soaked in 1 tsp. warm milk (Kesar) (optional)
5 almonds (Badam)
How to make Mango Kheer:
- Mash Diced mangoes until they get smooth. Keep it aside.
- Crush and soak the saffron strands in 1 t-spoon warm milk. Crush almonds and pistachios coarsely or slice them properly.
- Heat milk, bring it to boil. Put the heat to medium and heat for 10 mins.
- Then, add sugar, cardamom, saffron, almonds and pistachios. Stir it well until the sugar grains disappear in milk, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Then, add Mango Pulp and stir it firmly until it again started boiling. Once it starts boiling, turn off the heat.
- Serve Mango Kheer hot or let it get cool at room temperature. You can also refrigerate Mango kheer for 1 hour and serve it cool.