Kaddu Ki Kheer or Kaddu Ka Kheer Recipe is a hyderabadi kheer recipe. It is also known as Pumpkin Kheer.
Ingredients for Kaddu ki Kheer:
2 cups Kaddu, peeled and grated (Pumpkin)
1 liter Whole milk
1/2 cup sugar or to taste
1/4 t-spoon cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
5-6 pieces unsalted pistachios (pista)
10-15 strands saffron, crushed, soaked in 1 tsp. warm milk (Kesar) (optional)
5 almonds (Badam)
1/2 cup Sabudana, soaked in water for 1 hour
How to make Kaddu ki Kheer:
- Crush and soak the saffron strands in 1 t-spoon warm milk. Crush almonds and pistachios coarsely or slice them properly.
- Heat milk in a large pan, bring it to boil. Put the flame to medium and heat for 15-20 mins. while stirring occasionally.
- Then, add grated Kaddu to milk and stir it firmly until it again started boiling. Cook on low-medium heat for about 15 mins or until Kaddu gets soft.
- Now, drain water from sabudana and add it to the pan,stir well, further cook for 10 mins. or until sabudana gets tender.
- Add sugar, cardamom, saffron, almonds and pistachios. Stir it well until the sugar grains disappear in milk, simmer for 5 minutes, Stir occasionally. Then, turn off the heat.
- You can also continue heating Kaddu kheer to achieve the desired thickness. (Optional)
- Serve Kaddu Kheer hot or let it get cool at room temperature. You can also refrigerate Kaddu kheer for 1 hour and serve it cool.