Ingredients for Fruit Kheer:
1 medium sized Apple, peeled and chopped
1 banana, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup ripe Mango, diced into small pieces
Note: You can skip some fruits and include some other fruits like Santra, Grapes, Anar etc.
Other Ingredients for Fruit Kheer:
1/2 liter Whole milk
4 table-spoon sugar or to taste
1/4 t-spoon cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
5-6 pieces unsalted pistachios (pista)
10-15 strands saffron, crushed, soaked in 1 tsp. warm milk (Kesar) (optional)
5 almonds (Badam)
How to make Fruit Kheer:
- Crush and soak the saffron strands in 1 t-spoon warm milk. Crush almonds and pistachios coarsely or slice them properly.
- Heat milk, bring it to boil. Put the heat to medium and heat for 10 mins.
- Then, add sugar, cardamom, saffron, almonds and pistachios. Stir it well until the sugar grains disappear in milk, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Then, add chopped Apple, Banana and Mango or any other fruit you want to add to milk and stir it firmly until it again started boiling. Once it starts boiling, turn off the heat.
- Serve Fruit Kheer hot or let it get cool at room temperature. You can also refrigerate Fruit kheer for 1 hour and serve it cool.
Note: Try different combinations of fruit in fruit kheer. Mix and match the sugar quantity as you like in Fruit Kheer.