Carrot Kheer Recipe is a special Indian dessert. Carrot Kheer is also known as Gajar Recipe.
Ingredients for Carrot Kheer:
2 medium sized Carrots (Gajar)
1 liter Whole milk
1/2 cup sugar or to taste
1/4 t-spoon cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
5-6 pieces unsalted pistachios (pista)
10-15 strands saffron, crushed, soaked in 1 tsp. warm milk (Kesar) (optional)
5 almonds (Badam)
How to make Carrot Kheer:
- Wash Carrots properly, peel them and grate them. Keep them aside.
- Crush and soak the saffron strands in 1 t-spoon warm milk. Crush almonds and pistachios coarsely or slice them properly.
- Heat milk, bring it to boil. Put the flame to medium and heat for 15-20 mins. while stirring occasionally.
- Then, add grated Carrot to milk and stir it firmly until it again started boiling. Cook on low-medium heat for about 15 mins.
- Add sugar, cardamom, saffron, almonds and pistachios. Stir it well until the sugar grains disappear in milk, simmer for 5 minutes, Stir occasionally. The, turn off the heat.
- You can also continue heating Carrot kheer to achieve the desired thickness. (Optional)
- Serve Carrot Kheer hot or let it get cool at room temperature. You can also refrigerate Carrot kheer for 1 hour and serve it cool.