Ingredients for Banana Kheer:
200 gms. Chana dal
1 ripe banana (kela)
1 liter Whole milk
1/4 t-spoon cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
2-3 almonds (Badam)
5-6 pieces unsalted pistachios (pista)
8-10 raisins (kishmish)
10-15 strands saffron, crushed, soaked in 1 tsp. warm milk (Kesar) (optional)
4 table-spoon sugar or to taste
1 t-spoon dry coconut powder (kisa nariyal)
How to make Banana Kheer:
- Peel banana and cut it in small pieces. Keep them aside
- Crush and soak the saffron strands in 1 t-spoon warm milk. Crush almonds and pistachios coarsely or slice them properly.
- Heat milk, bring it to boil. Put the heat to medium high and add chana dal to it. Cook until chana dal gets soft. After it gets soft, mash chana dal properly.
- Now, add sugar, cardamom powder, saffron, almonds, raisins and pistachios.
- Stir it well until the sugar grains disappear in milk, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Then, add banana pieces to the pan and stir it firmly, put the heat to high until it again started boiling. Once it starts boiling, turn the heat to low and cook for 5 mins. stirring occasionally. Then, turn off the heat.
- Garnish Banana Kheer with coconut powder.
- Serve Banana Kheer hot or let it get cool at room temperature. You can also refrigerate Banana kheer for 1 hour and serve it cool.