Badam Kheer, an Indian Dessert Recipe, also known as Almond Kheer. Almond Kheer can be made using whole milk, Condensed milk or a combination of both. Take blanched almonds for the recipe or follow the instruction given in the recipe below for peeling the skin of almonds.
Ingredients for Badam Kheer:
25 almonds (badam)
1 liter Whole milk or ( 500 ml. Whole and 250 ml. Condensed Milk)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 t-spoon cardamom powder (elaichi)
10-15 strands saffron (kesar)
1 t-spoon rose water
5 pistachios (pista) crushed coarsely for garnishing
1/2 cup water
How to make Badam Kheer:
- Keep almonds for 30 mins in hot water, Peel the skin of almonds.
- Mash the saffron, keep it in 1 t-spoon warm milk for 15 mins.
- Grind the almonds into paste with 1/2 cup water
- Bring the milk to boil in heavy pan, add almond paste. Keep stirring occasionally till semi-solid.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder, rose water and saffron. Cook for 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle Badam Kheer with sliced chopped pistachios.
- Serve Badam Kheer chilled or hot.