Ingredients for Thenga Chammanthi Kerala Style :
3 cups grated coconut (Thenga)
1 onion (cut into big pieces)
2 teaspoon onion (finely chopped)
2 dry red chillies (optional)
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds (Kadugu)
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
8-10 curry leaves
3 teaspoon oil
salt as per taste
How to make Thenga Chammanthi :
- Mix the grated coconut, onion, red chilli powder and grind it coarsely in a mixer.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, dry red chillies and finely chopped onion and stir till golden brown.
- Now add the coarsely ground coconut mixture and stir for a minute.
- Add salt and stir for another minute.
- Kerala Thenga Chammanthi is ready to be served with dosa, idli, appam etc.