Ingredients for Kerala Wheat Dosa :
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 small onion, chopped
a pinch asafoetida (hing)
1 green chilly, chopped
1/2 t-spoon red chilli powder (Lal Mirch)
10-15 Coriander leaves, chopped (Dhaniya Patti)
salt to taste
1 1/2 table-spoon Oil to make each dosa
1/2 cup water
How to make Kerala Wheat Dosa :
Prepare a Dosa Batter :
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Add water to it and mix it well to get the desired consistent batter.
Make Kerala Wheat Dosa :
- Heat Dosa tava or non-stick flat pan over medium-high flame. Sprinkle few drops of water to check whether the pan is sufficiently hot or not. When the water drops starts cracking, rub the pan with a cloth.
- Now spread 1 table-spoon of oil on the pan. Take 1/2 cup of dosa batter and spread it properly in circular motion to form a circle on a hot pan. The crust of kal dosa should be made quite thick.
- After 2-3 minutes add 1/2 table-spoon oil more on the dosa crust and flip to other side. Roast Wheat Dosa from both side until light brown patches appear.
- Kerala Wheat Dosa is ready to serve with chutney and Sambar.