Ingredients for Kerala Sambar Powder :
2 table-spoon Chana dal
2 table-spoon Moong dal
2 table-spoon Urad dal
1/2 cup coriander seeds (Dhaniya)
5 Red chillies (Khadi lal mirch)
1 teaspoon Whole black pepper (Khadi Kali Mirch)
1 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi)
1 teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
1 table-spoon curry leaves (Kadhi patta)
1 table-spoon Cooking Oil
How to make Kerala Sambar Powder :
- Heat oil in a medium size pan.
- Roast chana dal, Moong dal, urad dal, black pepper, fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds one by one till they give a nice blend.
- In a separate pan, combine all the remaining ingredients and roast on medium flame until Red chilly changes its colour.
- Cool all the ingredients to room temperature.
- Combine everything and dry grind together to a smooth powder.
- Kerala Sambar Powder is ready to use in Sambar.
- Store it in a dry airtight jar, can be kept like this upto an year.