Kerala Paratha Recipe
Kerala Paratha is also known as Kerala Parotta or Porotta. Maida is the major ingredient in South Indian Paratha instead of Aata as in other paratha recipes.
Ingredients for Kerala Paratha with Maida :
2 cups Maida (All purpose flour)
1/4 cup wheat flour (Aata)
1/2 cup milk
4 table-spoon cooking oil for kneading and more for cooking
1/2 t-spoon soda powder
Sugar to taste
Salt to taste
How to make Kerala Paratha with Maida :
- Mix all the ingredients including wheat flour and maida in a large bowl. Knead to make a soft dough and keep aside for 3-4 hours.
- Now, take a small dough and roll it into a small chapati. Spread a bit of ghee on the surface.
- Now, gather all the edges of the chapati to form a round peda. Now, roll out the peda into suitable size Paratha in an oval shape.
- On a preheated griddle or tawa roast paratha from both sides by turning it many times and spreading butter or ghee on its surface. Roast it on medium heat till both the sides gets brown patches and the paratha gets properly cooked.
- Take it off from the griddle, grease Kerala paratha with ghee or butter and serve immediately with any non-veg curry.