Ingredients for Sweet Idli :
2 cups Idli Rice
1/2 cup Dhuli Urad Dal (split black lentils without skin)
Oil for greasing
8-10 pieces Cashewnuts (Kaju)
2 table-spoon Raisins (Kishmish)
1/2 tea-spoon Cardamom Powder (Choti Ilaichi)
1 cup Sugar, powdered
How to make Sweet idli :
To Make Idly Batter :
- Wash rice and dal properly and soak overnight.
- Next Morning, combine dal and rice, grind them to a thick consistency batter.
- Keep it in a warm place for 5-6 hours for fermenting. (At the time of winter, fermentation may take upto 8 hours).
- Add Cashew-nuts, Raisins, Cardamom Powder and sugar to this batter and mix properly with bare hands.
- Keep the batter for 30 minutes, before cooking.
To Cook Idlis :
- Take an idli Mould (Idly Holder) and grease it with little oil.
- Pour batter in the mould and cook for 10-15 minutes or until they are done.
- Remove them immediately from the mould.
- Sweet idlis are ready to serve with sweet coconut Chutney.