Ingredients for Ragi Idli :
2 cup Ragi Flour
1 cup Idli Rice
1/2 cup Dhuli Urad Dal (split black lentils without skin)
1 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
salt to taste
How to make Ragi idli :
To Prepare Idli Batter :
- Soak Rice, Fenugreek and Urad dal for 5-6 hours.
- Grind them to a fine paste.
- Add Ragi Flour and mix properly. Pour water to achieve desired consistent batter.
- Let the batter ferment for 6-8 hours before cooking.
To make Ragi Idli :
- Take a idli Maker and grease it with little oil.
- Fill the mould up to its 3/4th with fermented batter and steam cook it for 8-10 minutes or until idli gets properly cooked from inside.
- Remove them from mould and serve Healthy Ragi Idli with Coriander (Dhaniya) Chutney.