Ingredients for Oats Idli :
1 cup Oats
1/2 cup Rava (Sooji)
1/2 cup Yogurt (Curd / Dahi)
1/4 t-spoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
10-15 Coriander Leaves (Dhaniya Patti)
2 pinches Baking Soda
salt to taste
For Tempering :
2 Green Chillies, finely chopped
1/2 t-spoon ginger, grated
1/2 t-spoon Urad dal (Split Black Gram Dal / Minappapu)
1/2 t-spoon Mustard seeds
a pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
15-20 Curry Leaves (Kadhi Patta)
2 table-spoon Cooking Oil
How to make Oats idli :
To Make Idly Batter :
- Roast the Oats on medium flame for 2-3 minutes. Powder them finely.
- Dry Roast Rava for 2 minutes on medium flame by continuously stirring it.
- In a thick bottom vessel, heat 2 table-spoon oil. Splutter mustard seeds in it.
- Add all the remaining ingredients of tempering in this pan and Stir well, turn off the flame after 2 minutes.
- Mix this tempering in Rava and Oats mixture. Add Yogurt, turmeric powder, Baking soda, Coriander Leaves and salt to this mixture.
- Add water in sufficient quantity to reach the idli batter consistency. Add Baking soda to this batter.
- Mix the batter properly and keep it for 30 minutes before cooking.
To Cook Idlis :
- Take an idli Mould (Idly Holder) and grease it with little oil.
- Fill the mould up to its 3/4th with Oats Idli batter.
- Steam cook them for 8-10 minutes on medium flame.
- Remove them immeditely and serve with Chutney.