Masala Idli Fry is usually cooked with Leftover idlis. You may not need to add any vegetable in it, as the mixture of multiple Indian Masalas gives it a nice flavour.
Ingredients for Masala Leftover Idli :
8 leftover Idlis
1 Onion, Slicely chopped
2 small tomatoes, chopped
6-8 cloves Garlic, sliced (Lasun)
6-8 Green Chillies, sliced from center (Hari Mirch)
1 t-spoon mustard seeds
1/2 t-spoon Haldi Powder (Turmeric Powder)
1/2 t-spoon red chilli powder
1 t-spoon coriander powder
10-12 Curry leaves (Kadhi patta)
10-15 Coriander leaves, chopped
3 table-spoon cooking oil
Salt to taste
How to make Masala Idli Fry :
- Cut all the idlis into cubes of equal sizes.
- Take a large pan and heat 3 table-spoon oil in it.
- Splutter mustard seeds in it. Add curry leaves and garlic, fry for a minute on medium flame.
- Add sliced onions & green chilies to it and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add Tomatoes and mix well.
- Now, add idli cubes to the pan, mix properly and cover it with a lid.
- After 2 minutes, add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Mix properly and cook on medium-low flame for 5 minutes or so.
- Garnish Masala Idli with coriander leaves and serve hot with green chutney or Tomato Sauce.