Mallige Idli Recipe
Mallige in Kannada means Jasmine. Mallige Idlis, due to its softness is very famous in Mysore and other part of Karnataka.
Ingredients for Mallige Idli :
1 cup Raw Rice
1 cup idly Sooji (tari)
1 cup Beaten rice (Poha / gatti avalakki)
1 cup Dhuli Urad Dal (split black lentils withour skin)
1/4 cup Yogurt (Curd)
Oil for greasing
1 teaspoon salt or to taste
How to make Mallige idli :
To Make Idly Batter :
- Wash Rice, dal and beaten rice separately with water.
- Combine and soak them in sufficient water for 5-6 hours.
- Soak idli sooji in warm water just before 30 minutes of grinning.
- Grind all the ingredients except idly sooji, by adding yogurt and little water to a smooth and fluffy paste.
- Drain water from idly sooji and add it to the fluffy batter.
- Mix the batter properly and again grind for 2 minutes.
- Now, add salt to this batter and keep it in a warm place for 5-6 hours for fermenting. (At the time of winter, fermentation may take upto 8 hours).
To Cook Idlis :
- Take an idli Mould (Idly Holder) and grease it with little oil.
- Fill the mould up to its 3/4th with fermented batter and cook them for 8-10 minutes on medium flame.
- Remove them immeditely and serve with Red Chutney.