Ice Cream Cake Recipe
Ingredients for Ice Cream cake:
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 1/2 cup sugar, powdered
3/4 cup butter
1 t-spoon Baking powder
1/4 t-spoon cooking soda
1/2 t-spoon vanilla extract
a pinch of salt (optional)
1 table-spoon sugar, powdered
400 gms. Chocolate ice cream
3/4 cup Sweetened whipped cream
1/2 cup Fresh fruit, sliced or chips of chocolate for toppings, whatever you prefer
How to make Ice Cream cake:
- First of all, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter and put it in a large bowl, add sugar to the bowl and mash it properly such that sugar gets dissolved in butter, mash the mixture only clockwise direction for the complete recipe.
- Now, add eggs, first the white part only, mash it for a minute. then, add the yellow part, mash it again for a minute.
- Then, add flour, cocoa, vanilla essence and a pinch of salt (optional). Again mash the complete mixture now. Mash it properly now, for 5 mins. atleast so that no lumps remain. The more you mash the mixture the more softer resultant cake well be.
- Then, add baking powder and cooking soda and mix it properly again for a minute or two.
- Now, take a pan of microwave oven, grease the bottom and sides of the pan properly with 1 t-spoon butter.
- Put the batter in the pan and spread it properly. Sprinkle 1 table-spoon powdered sugar on top of it.
- Now, start baking the cake. Bake it for 40 mins. If it still sticks after inserting a toothpick, increase the baking time.
- After 40 mins. or so hot cake will get ready. Cut the cake into 3 layers of equal size, wrap them seperately in foil and refrigerate it for several hours before serving.
- Now, prepare Ice-cream layers i.e. make two layers of Chocolate ice cream.
- Remove layers of cake from the freezer and peel off foil. On a serving plate, alternately layer cake and ice cream layers, starting and ending with cake layer. Wrap the cake tightly and keep it in a freezer.
- Just before serving, frost top of cake with whipped cream and decorate it with chocolate chips or sliced fruits. Cut it into triangular pieces and serve Chocolate Ice cream cake immediately.
Note - Instead of using Chocolate ice cream you can go for any flavoured ice cream of your choice like vanilla, strawberry, butterscotch etc.