Wheat Dosa Recipe
Wheat Dosa is also known as Godhuma dosa.
Ingredients for Wheat Dosa :
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 cup rice flour
1/2 t-spoon Cumin seeds
a pinch asafoetida (hing)
2 green chillies, chopped
salt to taste
1 1/2 table-spoon Oil to make each dosa
How to make Wheat Dosa :
Prepare a Dosa Batter :
- Heat 1/2 table-spoon oil in a small pan, add cumin seeds, green chillies and asafoetida to it. Turn off the heat after 1 minute. Keep this tempered mixture aside.
- Mix Rice and wheat flour in a large bowl. Add water to it and mix it well to get the desired consistent batter.
- Add salt and tempered mixture to the batter and mix properly.
Make Wheat Dosa :
- Heat Dosa tava or non-stick flat pan over medium-high flame. Sprinkle few drops of water to check whether the pan is sufficiently hot or not. When the water drops starts cracking, rub the pan with a cloth.
- Now spread 1 table-spoon of oil on the pan. Take 1/2 cup of dosa batter and spread it properly in circular motion to form a circle on a hot pan.
- Add 1/2 table-spoon oil more on the dosa crust and flip to other side. Roast Wheat Dosa from both side until it gets light brown patches.
- Hot Wheat Dosa is ready to serve with chutney and Sambar.