Tamil Dosa Recipe
Ingredients for Tamil Dosa :
1 cup suji / Rava
1/4 cup Whole Urad Dal (Black Gram)
1/4 cup Rice flour
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 onion, chopped
2 Green chillies, chopped
a pinch of asafoetida (Hing)
2 table-spoon Oil to make each dosa
salt to taste
How to make Tamil Dosa :
Prepare Dosa Batter :
- Soak black gram in water for 4-5 hours. Grind it to a smooth paste.
- Mix all the above ingredients along with grinned black gram. Make a medium thick batter. Add water, if needed.
- Cover it and keep in at room temperature for 1 hour before making dosa.
Make Tamil Dosa :
- Heat Dosa tava or non-stick flat pan over medium-high flame. Sprinkle few drops of water to check whether the pan is sufficiently hot or not. When the water drops starts cracking, rub the pan with a cloth.
- Now spread 1 table-spoon of oil on the pan. Take 1/2 cup of dosa batter and spread it properly in circular motion to form a circle on a hot pan. Cook on medium heat.
- After 2 mins. add 1 table-spoon oil on the dosa and turn it to the other side. Cook from both sides until light brown patches appear.
- Tamil Dosa with Rava is ready to serve with chutney.