Ingredients for Sweet Dosa :
1 cup rice
1/2 cup Poha (rice flakes)
1/2 cup jaggery
1/4 cup sour curd (Yogurt / Dahi)
salt to taste (optional)
2 table-spoon Oil to make each dosa
How to make Sweet Dosa :
Prepare a Dosa Batter :
- Wash Rice with water 4-5 times and soak it in water for 7-8 hours or overnight. Wash Poha with water and mix it with curd. Keep it for 1 hour.
- Drain water from rice and grind the mixture to a fine paste. Add Jaggery and poha to grinned rice, and grind the mixture further. Add water to make a medium consistent batter.
Make Sweet Dosa :
- Heat Dosa tava or non-stick flat pan over medium-high flame. Sprinkle few drops of water to check whether the pan is sufficiently hot or not. When the water drops starts cracking, rub the pan with a cloth.
- Now spread 1 table-spoon of oil on the pan. Take 1/2 cup of dosa batter and spread it properly in circular motion to form a thick circle on a hot pan. Normally, thickness of Sweet dosa is more than masala dosa crust.
- After 2 mins. add 1 table-spoon oil more on the dosa and flip to other side. Roast Sweet Dosa from both sides until it gets properly cooked from inside.
- Sweet Dosa is ready to serve with chutney.