Ingredients for Sponge Dosa :
1 cup rice
4 table-spoon Poha (rice flakes)
2 cups sour buttermilk (Mattha)
a pinch of cooking soda
salt to taste
1 1/2 table-spoon Oil to make each dosa
How to make Sponge Dosa :
Prepare a Dosa Batter :
- Wash rice with water and mix it with poha. Soak this mixture in sour buttermilk overnight.
- Drain excess buttermilk from mixture and grind the mixture to a fine paste. Add salt and cooking soda to grinned mixture. The batter should be of medium consistency.
Make Sponge Dosa :
- Heat Dosa tava or non-stick flat pan over medium-high flame. Sprinkle few drops of water to check whether the pan is sufficiently hot or not. When the water drops starts cracking, rub the pan with a cloth.
- Now, spread 1 table-spoon of oil on the pan. Pour 1/2 cup of dosa batter on the pan but don't spread the batter. Keep the flame to medium. Cover dosa with a lid.
- After 2 minutes sprinkle 1 table-spoon oil on the sides of dosa and again cover the lid. Roast the dosa from one side only until it gets golden brown.
- Sponge Dosa is ready to serve with chutney and sambar.