Ingredients for Soft Dosa :
1/2 cup Poha (rice flakes)
1 cup rice
1/2 cup Urad dal
salt to taste
1 1/2 table-spoon Oil to make each dosa
How to make Soft Dosa :
Prepare a Dosa Batter :
- Mix Rice and urad dal, wash them with water 4-5 times. Soak them in water for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Drain water and add rice flakes to this mixture. Grind the mixture to a very fine paste. Add salt and mix the batter properly.
- Cover it and keep it at room temperature, allow it to ferment for 8-10 hours or overnight. Keep it in a large bowl with only half filled with the grinned mixture.
- Next Morning, the batter will rise from its level and becomes very creamy. This shows that it got fermented (Khameer) properly. Add some water if needed to get the desired consistent batter.
Make Soft Dosa :
- Heat Dosa tava or non-stick flat pan over medium-high flame. Sprinkle few drops of water to check whether the pan is sufficiently hot or not. When the water drops starts cracking, rub the pan with a cloth.
- Now, spread 1 table-spoon of oil on the pan. Take 1/2 cup of dosa batter and pour it on the hot tava. Keep the flame to medium. No need to spread the batter much, as the dosa will be soft and fluffy. Cover dosa with a lid to cook it properly.
- Add 1/2 table-spoon oil more on the sides of dosa. After 2 minutes or so, you will find small holes on the dosa crust. Cook the dosa from one side only until one side gets golden brown.
- Soft Dosa is ready to serve with Chutney and sambar.