Set Dosa Batter Recipe
The Batter of Set dosa and Normal Masala dosa is almost same along with its ingredients. The thing which differentiates it is the quantity of water added to the batter of set dosa. The quantity of water should be such that when the batter will be poured on a heated tawa it should automatically set itself into a fine thick circle.
Ingredients for Set Dosa Batter :
2 cups Idli rice
1 cup Normal rice
1 cup Urad dal
salt to taste
How to make Set Dosa Batter :
- Mix Rice and urad dal, wash them with water 4-5 times. Soak them in water for 7-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain water and grind the mixture to a very fine paste. Add salt and mix the batter properly.
- Cover it and keep it at room temperature, allow it to ferment for 12 hours or overnight. Keep it in a large bowl with only half filled with the grinned mixture.
- Next Morning, the batter will rise from its level and becomes very creamy. This shows that it got fermented (Khameer) properly.
- Now add sufficient amount of water to the batter such that when poured on a heated tava it should automatically set itself into a fine thick circle.
- Set Dosa Batter is ready to use.