Ingredients for Paneer Dosa :
2 cups Idli rice
1 cup Normal rice
1 cup Urad dal
salt to taste
1 1/2 table-spoon Oil to make each dosa
For Paneer Filling :
200 grams Paneer (Cottage cheese)
2 Onions, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
15-20 curry leaves (Kadhi Patta)
3-4 Green chillies, chopped
1 t-spoon Mustard seeds (Rai)
1 t-spoon Haldi Powder (Turmeric Powder)
2 table-spoon oil
salt to taste
How to make Paneer Dosa :
Prepare a Dosa Batter :
- Mix Rice and urad dal, wash them with water 4-5 times. Soak them in water for 7-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain water and grind the mixture to a very fine paste. Add salt and mix the batter properly.
- Cover it and keep it at room temperature, allow it to ferment for 12 hours or overnight. Keep it in a large bowl with only half filled with the grinned mixture.
- Next Morning, the batter will rise from its level and becomes very creamy. This shows that it got fermented (Khameer) properly.
Prepare Paneer Filling :
- Grate Paneer using a fine grater.
- Heat 2 table-spoon oil in a thick bottom pan. Add mustard seeds, onion, haldi powder, curry leaves and green chili. Fry on medium heat for 2 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes and cook further for a minute.
- Add grated Paneer to the pan and mix properly. Cook further for 5 mins. on low heat.
- Paneer Filling is ready to use.
Make Paneer Dosa :
- Heat Dosa tava or non-stick flat pan over medium-high flame. Sprinkle few drops of water to check whether the pan is sufficiently hot or not. When the water drops starts cracking, rub the pan with a cloth.
- Now spread 1 table-spoon of oil on the pan. Take 1/2 cup of dosa batter and spread it properly in circular motion to form a circle on a hot pan. This will form a thin outer crust of dosa.
- Add 1/2 table-spoon oil more on the dosa crust. After 2 minutes or so, you will find brown spots on dosa. Immediately, smear (spread) 2-3 table-spoon of Paneer Filling on the surface of Dosa and flip the 2 sides of the dosa one over the other such that the Paneer filling is covered.
- Paneer Dosa is ready to serve with chutney and Sambar.