Ingredients for Oats Dosa :
1 cup Oats
1/4 cup Rice flour
1/4 cup suji / Rava
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 Green chillies, chopped
a pinch of asafoetida (Hing)
1 1/2 table-spoon Oil to make each dosa
salt to taste
How to make Oats Dosa :
Prepare an Oatmeal Batter :
- Coarsely dry grind the oats. Mix all the above ingredients along with grinned oats. Make a medium thick batter. Add a little water, if needed.
- Cover it and keep in at room temperature for 15 minutes before making dosa.
Make Oats Dosa :
- Heat Dosa tava or non-stick flat pan over medium-high flame. Sprinkle few drops of water to check whether the pan is sufficiently hot or not. When the water drops starts cracking, rub the pan with a cloth.
- Now spread 1 table-spoon of oil on the pan. Take 1/2 cup of dosa batter and spread it properly in circular motion to form a circle on a hot pan.
- After 2 mins. add 1/2 table-spoon oil at the sides of dosa and turn it to the other side. Cook from both sides until light brown patches appear. Normally Oats dosa takes more time to cook.
- Hot Oats Dosa is ready to serve with chutney.