Ingredients for Moong Dal Dosa :
1 cup Moong Dal
2 table-spoon rice
1 small onion, chopped
2 green chili, chopped
1 inch grated ginger (Adrak)
10-15 leaves coriander, chopped (dhaniya patti)
salt to taste
2 table-spoon Oil to make each dosa
How to make Moong Dal Dosa :
Prepare a Dosa Batter :
- Mix Rice and Moong dal, wash them with water 4-5 times. Soak them in water for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Drain water and grind the mixture to a very fine paste. Add salt and mix the batter properly.
- Cover it and keep it at room temperature, allow it to ferment for 8-10 hours or overnight. Keep it in a large bowl with only half filled with the grinned mixture.
- Next Morning, the batter will rise from its level and becomes very creamy. This shows that it got fermented (Khameer) properly.
- Add chopped green chilli, ginger and coriander leaves to this mixture and mix properly.
Make Moong Dal Dosa :
- Heat Dosa tava or non-stick flat pan over medium-high flame. Sprinkle few drops of water to check whether the pan is sufficiently hot or not. When the water drops starts cracking, rub the pan with a cloth.
- Now spread 1 table-spoon of oil on the pan. Take 1/2 cup of dosa batter and spread it properly in circular motion to form a circle on a hot pan. Keep the flame to low-medium. Sprinkle one table-spoon chopped onion on the dosa.
- After 2 mins. add 1 table-spoon oil more on the dosa crust and flip to other side. Roast Moong Dal Dosa from both side until light brown patches appears on the dosa and it gets really crispy.
- Moong Dal Dosa is ready to serve with chutney or sambar.