Ingredients for Mixed Dal Dosa :
1 cup Idli rice
1/2 cup Normal rice
1/2 cup - moong dal
1/2 cup - urad dal
1/2 cup - chana dal
3-4 green chillies, chopped
1 table-spoon grated ginger (Adrak)
10-15 leaves chopped coriander (Dhaniya patti)
a pinch asafoetida (hing)
salt to taste
1 1/2 table-spoon Oil to make each dosa
How to make Mixed Dal Dosa :
Prepare a Dosa Batter :
- Mix Rice, moong dal, urad dal and chana dal. Wash them with water 4-5 times. Soak them in water for 7-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain water and add grated ginger. Grind the mixture to a very fine paste. Add salt and mix the batter properly.
- Cover it and keep it at room temperature, allow it to ferment for 12 hours or overnight. Keep it in a large bowl with only half filled with the grinned mixture.
- Next Morning, the batter will rise from its level and becomes very creamy. This shows that it got fermented (Khameer) properly. Mix chopped green chillies, asafoetida and Coriander leaves to the batter.
Make Mixed Dal Dosa :
- Heat Dosa tava or non-stick flat pan over medium-high flame. Sprinkle few drops of water to check whether the pan is sufficiently hot or not. When the water drops starts cracking, rub the pan with a cloth.
- Now spread 1 table-spoon of oil on the pan. Take 1/2 cup of dosa batter and spread it properly in circular motion to form a circle on a hot pan. This will form a crust of dosa.
- Add 1/2 table-spoon oil more on the dosa crust and flip to other side. Roast Mixed Dal Dosa from both side until it gets light brown patches.
- Hot Mixed Dal Dosa is ready to serve with chutney and Sambar.