Ingredients for Methi Dosa :
2 cups Idli rice
1 cup Normal rice
1 cup Urad dal
2 table-spoon fenugreek seeds (methi)
a pinch asafoetida (hing)
salt to taste
1 1/2 table-spoon Oil to make each dosa
How to make Methi Dosa :
Prepare a Dosa Batter :
- Mix Rice and urad dal, wash them with water 4-5 times. Soak them by adding methi in water for 7-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain water and grind the mixture to a very fine paste. Add salt and mix the batter properly.
- Cover it and keep it at room temperature, allow it to ferment for 12 hours or overnight. Keep it in a large bowl with only half filled with the grinned mixture.
- Next Morning, the batter will rise from its level and becomes very creamy. This shows that it got fermented (Khameer) properly.
Make Methi Dosa :
- Heat Dosa tava or non-stick flat pan over medium-high flame. Sprinkle few drops of water to check whether the pan is sufficiently hot or not. When the water drops starts cracking, rub the pan with a cloth.
- Now spread 1 table-spoon of oil on the pan. Take 1/2 cup of dosa batter and spread it properly in circular motion to form a circle on a hot pan. This will form a crust of dosa.
- Add 1/2 table-spoon oil more on the dosa crust and flip to other side. Roast Methi Dosa from both side until it gets light brown patches.
- Hot Methi Dosa is ready to serve with chutney and Sambar.