Ingredients for Adai (Ada) Dosa :
1 cup rice
1/4 cup Toor Dal
1/4 cup moong dal
1/4 cup urad dal (Black gram split)
1/4 cup chana dal (Bengal gram split)
1 onion, chopped
1 table-spoon grated ginger (Adrak)
3-4 green chillies, chopped
1/2 t-spoon red chili powder
1/2 t-spoon pepper powder (Kali mirch)
10-15 leaves chopped coriander (Dhaniya patti)
a pinch asafoetida (hing)
salt to taste
2 table-spoon Oil to make each dosa
How to make Adai (Ada) Dosa :
Prepare a Dosa Batter :
- Mix Rice, moong dal, urad dal, toor dal and chana dal. Wash them with water 4-5 times. Soak them in water for 7-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain water and add grated ginger. Grind the mixture to a very fine paste. Add the remaining ingredients and mix the batter properly.
- Keep the batter at room temperature for 2 hour before making dosa.
Make Adai (Ada) Dosa :
- Heat Dosa tava or non-stick flat pan over medium-high flame. Sprinkle few drops of water to check whether the pan is sufficiently hot or not. When the water drops starts cracking, rub the pan with a cloth.
- Now spread 1 table-spoon of oil on the pan. Take 1/2 cup of dosa batter and spread it properly in circular motion to form a circle on a hot pan.
- Add 1 table-spoon oil more on the dosa crust and flip to other side. Roast Adai Dosa from both side until it gets light brown patches.
- Hot Adai (Ada) Dosa is ready to serve with chutney and Sambar.